Saturday, August 12, 2006

 

Dogs: A copywriter's best friend (sometimes)




Copywriter Lorrie Morgan-Ferrero was leading a call for one of her Red Hot Copy Bootcamps when she interrupted with, "Oh no - my dog is having a nightmare. I'd better wake him up." Then while everyone hung on, her whole tone switched to the soothing baby-talk a dog trainer would recommend, as she talked gently to Shadow: "It's okay, Shadow. Just wake up. You're here with me."

That's a great way to show yourself as human and build rapport with your audience. Later Lorrie sent around a note, saying she was "flooded" with appreciative emails.

Alas, I'll never be able to do that. On my calls it's more like, "Oh no, it's getting too quiet out there. Gracie, what are you doing? Gracie! No! Stop! Put down that thing! If you run up another vet bill, you'll be looking for a new home!"

Not a great rapport-building strategy but hey, that's my dog.

P.S. Lorrie's holding a live workshop in September - and I will be there as a copy coach. You can go right to Lorrie's site to learn more and and sign up. OR you can click on this link and I'll get paid too!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?