Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 

Copywriting Tip: It's not interesting


Recently I caught myself writing the word "interesting" in a blog entry. When I edit copy (my own or other people's) or teach online courses, I treat the i-word as x-rated. It doesn't belong anywhere.

"Interesting" has become one of those empty words that convey no meaning. Everything is interesting to somebody. (If you don't believe me, spend a few hours watching prime time network television.)

So we have few uses for "interesting" these days...definitely doesn't belong in the copy.


Cathy Goodwin, Ph.D. offers strategic copywriting and communications consulting for small biz owners and solo professionals who want to sell themselves without sounding sales-y. Ask about her three-step Strategy-->Message-->Copy system. Begin with a visit to the Copy-Cat website.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?