Thursday, August 02, 2007

 

"I need copy to increase memberships"

A few days ago I received an email from a networking group: "We need a sales letter to increase our memberships. Have you ever written copy that resulted in a big increase in membership applications?"

I visited the group's site. The home page gave no hint of what benefits I might anticipate by joining the group, beyond the usual vague promises of "empowerment." The site invited women to sign up for membership, but provided no way to build relationships via newsletter.

I doubt that anyone will sign up for a monthly membership - even one as low as $17 - without knowing about the group. Yet we were not told about who belongs and why.

Copywriting can do a lot of good if your product appeals to a target market. This group needs to explore their target market and their positioning before moving ahead.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?