Sunday, September 16, 2007

 

2 More Email Tips



Tip #1: Get an email account where you can see your
bulk folder -- all the messages your mail system has
decided you don't need to see. Go through your bulk
mail at least once a day. I've found email from people
in my address book, whitelisted messages, and (most
important) people I don't know yet, but wish I did.

Even so a few emails will disappear into a black
hole. Not much you can do. Even US mail disappears
sometimes.

Tip #2: When you get emails from PayPal, amazon and
eBay, be suspicious. I never click on links in those
messages.Instead, I forward to
spoof@amazon.com
spoof@ebay.com
spoof@paypal.com

Within seconds, you get a reply advising you that
the message was fraudulent or (more rarely) that
it was a real message from the company.

This small step helps track down the bad guys
(or so they say). Obviously if more people did
this, we would have less spam. Maybe.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?