Tuesday, October 09, 2007

 

3 Steps to Mistake-Proof Your New Website


"I don't really need a shopping cart."

"I can just send out my ezine as an email."

"My website name will be very specific to my current business."

When you're growing a business, it is tempting to focus on the
short term. A shopping cart seems like an expensive hassle.
Blogger.com gives you the fastest, easiest blog set-up. And
your website name? Well, at least you bought a domain.

Then you get growing pains. You realize you have no way to
track your ads. Your upscale clients want to use their credit
cards and pay fast. Your business expands in scope and now
you face a branding challenge.

My suggestions:

(1) Get the least expensive version of a top quality
shopping cart as soon as you can possibly afford it.
Get ready to take credit cards before you need them.

My very first client actually called me on the phone.
He was ready to hire me on the spot. His only question:
"Do you take American Express?"

Fortunately, I could say yes. By a stroke of luck,
my shopping cart was up and running.

(2) Learn how to use the cart as fast as possible so
you won't leave money on the table. Christina Hills, the
Shopping Cart Queen, helps you make money with the cart.
Get her reseller version, which includes valuable tips.

Start here.

(3) Plan content for easy reading and smooth navigation.

Make it easy for readers to discover what you offer and buy from you.
For example, look at Robert Middleton's
website marketing system.

And of course if you're considering your site, I would recommend
signing up for my Diagnostic Service.

We'll discuss your notes and plans. I would not be surprised if I saved you 10 times the cost of the service. Yes: that's only a drop in the bucket to what simple mistakes can cost.

I know. I made most of them. I've hired many resources that didn't help. For my current list of recommended services, click here.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?